Advertuse

Search This Blog

Your Ad Here

Thursday 29 September, 2011

ASP.NET bugs in IE10

Hi guys,
Today I have  test  one of my web application  on IE10 and I found that  my application is on working properly. in IE10. So at 1st glance I was  bashing  Microsoft for such poor IE version.  but latter I found that  my web application is not working not due to IE 10  but due to  ASP.NET framework itself. How ?

when I debug my application in IE10 with F12 then I found that there is no  _dopostback function  of javascript  is defined..!!! in my page.. how  come it possible..
this is the job of ASP.NET  webform frameworks.  So after doing  lots of google, I found  that when engineers of ASP.NET webform framework were developing this they have not though  IE version can go beyond 9.


So when  request come from IE 10 in ASP.NET web application then it  version number of IE 10 is consider as unknown browser (and older browse as well) hence  ASP.NET framework does not include those javascript.
So culprit is browser definition system in ASP.NET framework.!!

but thanks to Asp.net 's engineer in Microsoft  who solve this  problem  with hotfixes.

If you PC  or server has .NET 2.2/3.0/3.5  then : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600100
and if it has .NET 4.0 then  : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600088

but if you have very old version of .net  that is  .Net 1.1 then please  upgrade your web application in to at least 2.0

compile by
Divyang Panchasara
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Hitech OutSourcing

No comments: